New Sign Board: Where is this Kotekere

10:27 AM Posted by ukmad




This is a new board put up by the Karnataka Tourism board at the Gogte Cirlce (Railway Station Circle). It is on the Left hand corner of the Congress Road at the circle. So people coming from Military Mahadev from Congress Road can see it tough the placement is not so visible due the electricity pole.
The biggest Question to me where is this Kotekere, 3 km from there. The graphical sign is of a Beach, with coconut tress and thatch huts.
Please I need to know where is this place 3 kms from Gogte Circle. (now you might say, this guy is blogging about Belgaum and why is he asking us, But I don’t know so only I am asking)

Just got know that "Kere" in Kannada means Lake and Kote means "Fort", so is that Lake near the Fort? Must be.

1 comments:

  1. housejinagouda said...

    Hello,

    I read your blog everyday, this is the best way for me to be in touch with news at my home city. Staying in Los Angeles you can read a lot about India but cannot get any news about Belgaum. You are doing a great job and I appriciate it.

    By the way Kotekere means the lake by the fort next to Metgud hoospital. That is what I think. Correct me if I am wrong.

    Regards,

    Deepak Jinagouda

Post a Comment